Friday, May 15, 2009

With a Flourish on Video

A couple of months ago, I met Sean from A Moving Picture Studios over the best chai latte I've ever had (Roca Jacks on Portage), and he offered to shoot a video for me, to help promote With a Flourish. I'm always excited to have a new tool to use in advertising, and video is a great way for clients to get a more personal look at who I am and what I do, so I thankfully agreed. A couple of weeks ago, we got together to shoot the video, and I'm happy to announce that it is finished and can be viewed here.

Besides the fact that I don't like watching myself on video (do I really look like that? Do I really sound like that??), I really like the video! I love my job, my brides and the people that are part of the Flourish team, so it's pretty easy to plug our services.

I'm also a big fan of A Moving Picture Studios, whom I had the pleasure of working with about a month ago at a wedding. Sean went above and beyond, showing up for the rehearsal and very early on the wedding day to get to know the space and do a bit of shooting. He stayed on the sidelines and captured each and every moment beautifully. Sean advertises his business as "Winnipeg's freshest wedding cinematography" and I think that's pretty accurate - his product is something that I haven't seen before, and judging by the great response that his business has had so far, the Winnipeg market is ready for something fresh!

So thanks Sean! And readers please let me know what you think of the video, and check out more of Sean's work on his site!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video is great Jess, and you also Look great! It is so nice to see people working at jobs that they love, and you can tell that you really enjoy doing what you are doing.

Char

nicole.shanowsky said...

Looking good Jess! I think you hit on some really key points: the fact that the bride can just relax knowing her Big Day is in good hands (yours!), and that there is a lot more involved to planning a wedding that many people don't realize--hours and hours of research and knowing the right people in the industry (caterers, florists, photographers, videographers) who will work just as hard as the wedding planner to make the wedding day perfect.