Wednesday, May 6, 2009

With a Flourish Month-Of Wedding Coordination - Shannon & Stephen


My first wedding of 2009 was on April 11th, and I was so excited to work with Shannon & Stephen. Shannon is funny, kind, laid back, flexible, and exactly the opposite of the dreaded "Bridezilla." She is fantastic. And although I worked less with Stephen, he was also fantastic and the perfect counterpart to Shannon!

Shannon & Stephen were married on one of the first warm-ish and sunny days of Spring, and held the ceremony at the Holy Cross Parish. The reception was at the beautiful St. Boniface Golf Club and provided the perfect venue for this fun-loving couple.









I always feel honoured to be part of a couple's wedding day. It is a completely unique relationship to meet someone and start "working" on their wedding, and four weeks later be standing at the back of the church wiping my eyes while they say their vows. This wedding was no different, and the absolute highlight for me was Stephen's speech at the reception where he promised Shannon's late father that he would take care of and love Shannon and Sydney, Shannon's daughter. I think everyone in the room had tears in their eyes and Stephen should win some sort of best groom's speech ever award. Check out this link to go to A Moving Picture Studios and watch a video of the wedding, including a small piece of Stephen's speech.

The day flowed perfectly and although I'd like to take credit for that, I'm sure a huge part of it was the attitude of Shannon & Stephen, and their ability to roll with the changes of the day.

I'm so lucky to work with brides as great as Shannon! Thanks so much, Shannon and Stephen, for hiring With a Flourish to help with your big day.

*Thanks to Michelle Zerr Photography for the photos, which you can also check out on the With a Flourish website.


No comments: