This week marks the one year anniversary of With a Flourish. In some ways a year feels like a very long time and in other ways it feels like it was only a few weeks ago that I was typing the first words to my very first blog post. 5 weddings, 102 blog posts and too many cups of chai latte to count later, here are a few highlights:
1. Working with very fun, creative brides and grooms.
2. Creating a wedding planning organizer with Yoko of Pulp & Circumstance and Vert Yoko Chapman.
3. Entering my catchphrase (made up by Nicole) into a Jasmine Star contest and winning a website for a year – best part was being mentioned on Jasmine’s blog.
4. Meeting fantastic vendors and mentors.
5. Having a booth at the Wonderful Wedding Show and being interviewed for CTV news.
6. Also being interviewed on Breakfast Television.
I know that I am very blessed to have a job that I love, and I have been surrounded by very talented people, 3 in particular: My husband, Sam, who may not have known anything about weddings a year ago but knows me and is a safe and practical sounding board, Nicole who designed everything from the business name to magazine ads and is one of the first people that I run business ideas by, and Adrienne who is the decor coordinator of With a Flourish and works on wedding days with me - she is highly organized and super creative and I don't know what I'd do without her to brainstorm with. Blessed.
Year 2 is looking good. We’re well on the way to tripling our numbers, and launching a really neat new concept in the next few weeks. This blog has expanded from being read by my mom and sister-in-law, to being read by an international audience looking for green wedding tips. Thanks for reading! I can’t wait to find out what’s in store for us in the next year.