Monday, September 14, 2009

With a Flourish Wedding Day-Of Coordination

I met the bride of my latest wedding at the Forks on a warm summer night. When I noticed her walk in having obviously bicycled there, I thought this was someone I would really get along with. When she started telling me about the early morning swim she had planned for her wedding guests, I thought maybe we wouldn't get along after all...just kidding. Let me explain:

The couple got married at St. Nicholas Ukrainian Catholic Church on a Thursday evening, and had a reception directly following the ceremony in the Church hall. Then, they invited their guests to go spend the weekend with them at a summer camp. The early morning swim was to take place at the camp, along with a weekend of celebration. What they needed help with was the logistics of the Thursday night reception - set up and keeping the food stocked during the celebration.

From the locally grown flowers from Strawberry Lane to the very cute cupcakes from The Cake Craze, the wedding was beautiful. Local honey was provided as the favours, and the photos, including the ones on this blog, were taken by Larisa Lotoski.

The best way that I can describe this couple is thoughtful. Their wedding was carefully planned to allow them time to spend mingling with their guests, and to provide a relaxed, celebratory atmosphere. It was a noisy, smiley, wonderful evening and I am so glad to have been part of it.

Also, they win best couple of the summer for leaving fruit and chocolate in the workroom for the With a Flourish team. Thanks you two and all the best in married life!






1 comment:

Heidi - Botanical PaperWorks said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I heard ALL about this wedding from a couple of friends who attended - including one of the lovely ladies in the above photo. It sounds like a spectacular event, and so awesome that you were behind the scenes making things happen! Congratulations!! ~Heidi