Monday, August 20, 2012

7 Years Later!


Today my husband and I celebrate 7 years of marriage!  I don't normally get too sentimental on our anniversary, and I'm not sure why - my husband is wonderful and sweet and romantic, a fantastic dad and the perfect match to my quirky little heart.  Maybe it's because he is truly great at being romantic and we celebrate plenty throughout the year.

This year, however, I'm feeling extra proud of our marriage and the man I'm married to.  I think it's because we spent a large chunk of our seventh year in Bolivia, and had some of the best and worst times of our lives, and our marriage.  The best because we do tend to grow closer under pressure, we had a limited social life so spent a lot of time together, and because new adventures are always exciting.  And the worst because so much of our talk was technical and work related, it's had to see someone you love under pressure, and we had one date in 11 months, which was on our sixth anniversary.

And so, this year we have some exciting celebrations.  We're really really hoping to move back to our new apartment (it had a fire back in May) and spend the weekend unpacking and making it home while our son is at my parents house (I'm sure there will be a real date somewhere in the weekend).  Then, on September 6th, we are going to the Farmers' Feast at the St. Norbert Farmers' Market!  I have wanted to go for a few years now, and I'm so excited that this will be the year!

I'm constantly reminded that the wedding is just one day, but a marriage is forever and this year I'm feeling especially blessed to be married to such a terrific man.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I love you, Jezza. Happy anniversary.
-sam

Indian Wedding Planner said...

Love the closing lines... 'wedding is just one day, but a marriage is forever'

Jess Ehlers said...

Hey, you read my blog! Thanks Sam :)