Monday, September 10, 2012

An Update on Life & Recent Work

 Miles (my son) with his great-grandparents, almost 4 years ago


Well, I've been pretty silent over the past week, so thought I would write and update you on everything that's been going on.

Last week was one of the busiest weeks for me, professionally and personally, and also one of the saddest.  Here's what happened:

We moved into our apartment!  You may remember that there was a fire in our apartment in May, a couple weeks after we moved in (we had actually finished moving the last of our boxes in the night before the fire).  So we lived with my in-laws all Summer, and finally got to move back home last weekend!

My baby started kindergarten!  He had a great first couple days, and today he told me that school feels like it's only 11 minutes long, which is a good sign.  He's in French immersion, and he's already using basics like "my name is, cross your legs", etc).  So far so good for him, and a bit sad for mama...although today when he left I went for a long walk by myself at an adult speed, which felt pretty good!

Last Tuesday, my grandma passed away after an 18-month battle with cancer.  I've realized over the past week how many of my memories include my grandma, and even how much "stuff" from her I have - my knitted scarf that I just found, a whole bunch of stuffed animals on my son's bed, the coffee mug I drink out of, etc.  It's kind of neat to know that there are so many things around that remind us of her.

I had the biggest floral job that I've ever attempted by myself.  And in retrospect, I really shouldn't have done it all by myself, so at least I've learned my lesson for next time.  I LOVE floral design, and only do it a few times a year because event planning is my main focus, but when I get to design it is so much fun.  It was for the Farmers' Feast at the St. Norbert Farmers' Market.

So, that has been my week.  I am glad to be back here with you, and would love if you'd leave me a comment today!  How has your week been?  Do you have any kids that started school or went back to school?  How's your wedding planning going?  Keep in touch!

No comments: