Monday, September 24, 2012

Floral Design for the Farmers' Feast

We were so excited to put together arrangements for the Farmers' Feast at the St. Norbert Farmers' Market earlier this month.  Everything we used was purchased from the Market - flowers and grasses from Strawberry Lane, and veggies from various growers.  I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  Here's a few photos that I found online from the night:

My husband putting an arrangement behind the band...I wish I had a closeup of this one, because it was very cool - a driftwood base with grasses and chinese lanterns on top:

St. Norbert Farmers' Market Winnipeg

A closeup of the sample I made for the arrangements we made for the registration table.  We've got flowers mixed with purple peppers, kale, squash, and cabbage:

St. Norbert Farmers' Market Winnipeg

And this is the final product, on the registration table:

St. Norbert Farmers' Market Winnipeg

I really liked the arrangements for the bar tables, they are wheat, flowers, and green and purple lettuce:

Winnipeg Farmers' Feast

The following three photos were taken by Richard Magleo, director of Prairiemango, a website that has fantastic articles on sustainable tourism and different issues and initiatives.  I'll be writing more about Prairiemango in another post, but for now thank you very much Richard!

The centrepieces for the cocktail tables were in berry baskets.  This one contains flowers, kale, grasses, and a squash:

Floral design Winnipeg

Here's a shot from right at the beginning of the night:

Farmers' Market Winnipeg




The tents sure filled up quickly!  My husband and I stayed for the evening as our second date to celebrate our seventh anniversary and it was terrific...I could eat scallops from the Fairmont and cakettes from Cake-ology all day :).


St. Norbert Farmers' Market

No comments: