Friday, August 21, 2009

Eco-Friendly Footwear: Summer Edition

Back in Fall, I blogged about the boots that I bought from Simple Shoes. Made from bamboo and recycled tire, they are sustainable and very cute, although not even a little bit practical for Canada.

This Summer, I discovered a company called Tia's Freestyle Sandals. Born almost a year ago, Tia's sandals are really unique. First, you buy the sandal bases, which are simple brown, flat bottoms. Then, you buy the sandal tops, which are made from recycled vintage silk saris. You tie the straps yourself from the saris, and there are three basic ways to tie. You can purchase as many colours of straps that you would like, and have sandals to match all your summer outfits. I love that these sandals are low-key and simple, but so cute that I could wear them anywhere and it is very very unlikely that I would see someone with the same pair of sandals:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post, I just spent 20 minutes going through tia's website. I could really see myself wearing these sandals.

Char