Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Featured Winnipeg Vendor: Green Bean Coffee


I'm sitting at my desk, sipping my morning coffee and thinking of blog ideas for the next couple of weeks. Sometimes ideas are right under my nose, and in this case I am drinking a blog post.

Since beginning my fair-trade journey, I've tried almost every brand of fair-trade coffee I can find in Winnipeg. Green Bean coffee is a brand that I see often but have never bought until now. The packaging is so slick, the branding so well done, that I just assumed Green Bean was a huge coffee corporation trying to act like a little guy. But recently, Sam brought home a package and we've been enjoying it.

On Saturday, walking around the St. Norbert's Farmers Market, we passed the Green Bean stand, as we always do (but had never looked at closely), and my husband started talking to the men behind the table. It turns out, he was talking to Derryl, who owns Green Bean Coffee Imports, which is located here in Manitoba! We were so excited to talk to Derryl, who obviously loves his job and loves coffee, that we will definitely be picking up Green Bean more often.

So what does this have to do with weddings? Green Bean has a favour-sized bag of coffee beans, which they can customize with your names, wedding colours, or graphics that you want. This is a perfect way to introduce your guests to fair-trade coffee, and give them a gift that they will surely enjoy.

No comments: