Friday, February 12, 2010

Welcome, Tía - Stylish Gifts for Sweet Occasions


Welcome, Tía is now completely open!  If you're an avid blog reader, you'll remember that a few weeks ago, I launched Welcome, Tía, an offshoot of With a Flourish dedicated to providing eco-friendly, fair-trade, local gifts and favours for weddings.

Well, the night that we put the Welcome, Tía website online, my husband and I were watching a Seth Godin talk.  During the talk, he explained a concept called "conscious capitalism" which is doing good while doing business.  Sam and I talked about how we could do good with Welcome, Tía, and the idea came to give gifts to Osborne House Inc., for them to give a woman there.  Osborne House Inc. is a Winnipeg shelter for women and their children, and I will dedicate a full post to them in the next little while.  So, since then we've met with Osborne House Inc., and come up with a system to provide gifts to them while still making a profit (we are trying to feed our family, after all) and keep the prices reasonable for our customers.

We also created two more boxes and redesigned the website.  I hope you like it!  I would love any feedback you may have, please contact me here.  More information is coming about Osborne House Inc., and products in the boxes.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Congrats on the new venture, Jess! And good for you for taking the opportunity to make a difference :)

Jess Ehlers said...

Thanks Liz! Thanks for checking out the website :)