Monday, March 22, 2010

Introducing Adrienne

Adrienne has been at every wedding With a Flourish has planned, with the exception of just one.  She is my incredibly creative co-planner with huge interior design talents, and besides that she is my friend and sister-in-law.  Adrienne also has a friendly personality and the ability to calm down nervous brides.  As we get into this wedding season, we thought it would be fun to include a little interview with Adrienne.  Scroll down to read it!




Tell us about yourself.

Well, I love chocolate, probably too much for my own good! Details are my middle name. I'm a checklist queen and am always organizing something. I would really appreciate it if someone would organize a ball to go to, that way I would have a reason to dress up. I enjoy being active, although somedays I detest the fact that I have to work out! When I was thirteen I had a crush on a boy. May 2009 he became my husband.

What is your favourite thing about working on weddings?

Honestly, the best part of doing a wedding is being able to help make a day a memorable. The commitment of marriage is something to celebrate and it's an honour to be a part of a couple's day.

What type of wedding would you like to decorate?
One of my dream weddings to style is one set in Ireland. The land is lush and beautiful. Of course if you go all the way over there you would have to get married in one of Irelands great, stone castles!

If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Between my way too comfy LuLu Lemon pants and cute black and white tea dress, I'm equally divided! You can never be too prepaired for a ball you know. I'll have to go with the dress and a good pair of heels!

What is your favourite kind of wedding cake?

Although I love cake, especially chocolate, I enjoy the creative alternatives people have come up with. One couple I know simply served a variety of ice cream with an oreo garnish. Other friends plan to have locally made gelatti at theirs. Yum! For our wedding we served a dessert buffet with an array of pastries and cakes. A tasty finish for a lovely evening! I was reinspired thanks to the creative chef from Miette, a very sweet bakery in San Francisco.

No comments: