Friday, April 30, 2010

Fair Trade Friday - Chocolate

Often when my husband goes for groceries, I add "treat for Jess" at the bottom of the shopping list.   Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I often end up with a yummy surprise.  Well, I sent my husband and son grocery shopping a couple hours ago, and one set of car keys locked in the car later, I'm at home wondering what my treat for today might be:)

This craving for sweets has got me thinking about chocolate.  Here's two of my favourites:

For chocolate bars, Cocoa Camino wins.  Fair trade certified and with several flavours available (I prefer milk chocolate if you're wondering), Cocoa Camino is sold at Ten Thousand Villages and pretty much all the organic food stores.

For gifts and super special treats, Chocolatier Constance Popp is the top of the list.  Many of their chocolates are fair trade and organic, and the chocolates are made here in Winnipeg at their Portage Ave location.  I haven't tried very many flavours because the first time I was in the store I had vanilla bean, and it was so good that I buy it every time.  And for brides, these chocolates are perfect for a dessert buffet or as favours.

Back to waiting for whatever "treat for Jess" my family comes home with today!

No comments: