Monday, February 20, 2012

Wool-y Wedding Ideas!

Last week, my family traveled to La Paz, Bolivia (from Santa Cruz, where we're living for a few more months) with my husband's brother and his wife.  La Paz is located high in the mountains, and it gets quite cold, so a big industry is knitted clothes - sweaters, hats, legwarmers, mittens, etc.  And it's mostly made out of beautiful alpaca wool...if you like knitted things it's probably one of the best places to go.  We found beautiful wool and I'm currently 5 rows into what I hope will be a baby blanket.  Someday.  Anyway, since we got home I've been looking at ideas of things to knit, and below are a few of my favourites for a wedding (things I wouldn't try to make, but would love to wear):

Seriously.  Heaven for knitters.


This bolero is gorgeous and would look cute with jeans after the wedding.

And my favourite, matching mittens!  Super cute.

What do you think?  Any knit-fans out there?

No comments: