Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Hair Day!

2012 will be known as the Summer I gave up on my hair.  After fighting with my hair straightener daily, I decided to give up and embrace the crazy (and the curls).

I thought I would share my new favourite shampoo/conditioner combo in case you are looking for more volume and shine, like I was.  For about 2 years, I didn't shampoo my hair at all.  I used baking soda once a week and conditioner twice a week. Then, we moved to Bolivia for a year and baking soda isn't available (well it is, but you have to be a permanent resident and purchase it from a pharmacy), so I gave in and started using shampoo.

Now that we're back in Canada I occasionally use baking soda, but I have discovered a new shampoo that gives my wavy hair great volume.  This Botanique by Himalaya is amazing (and it also smells great):

 And for conditioner, Mineral Fusion makes my hair shiny and nice:

I buy both at Vita Health.  And I can't write a hair post without giving a huge shoutout to my hairstylist,
Hayley at Berns & Black, who is awesome.  If you are looking for a new stylist or want to ty something different, I highly recommend Berns & Black and of course, Hayley. 

Does anyone have any tips for me on letting the hair go natural?  Any products or styling secrets?  I'd love to hear!

No comments: