Friday, March 12, 2010

Moore Photography

Two years ago, ideas for With a Flourish were just starting.  I was mostly finished a course in wedding planning, my logo and company name were in process, and I was meeting with every industry professional that I could find.

One of those people was Curtis Moore, of Moore Photography, and my meeting with him was a business changer.  First of all, if you know Curtis you know he is very charismatic and has a fun, go-getter personality.  When meeting with people, I often had a list of questions, which the the professionals would answer, and I would go home feeling like I'd had an interview more than a conversation (and sometimes this was true as I had to do interviews as part of my course).  Curtis at one point in our conversation asked "what's the best business advice someone has given you?" which is the first question I got asked that put me in the place of a wedding planner, and not a student.  I was so stunned I don't think I said a thing:)

Anyway, the main thing Curtis taught me, as a soon-to-be wedding planner, was to give back as much as possible.  He suggested ways that in his profession he's able to help others just by, for example, offering to take photos for someone.  Then, he offered to provide the photos for my With a Flourish website.  I was very surprised, and very thrilled.  Of course I took him up on the offer, and the original With a Flourish website had several of his fabulous photos on it.  I don't even know what I would have done without them...but the website probably would have had a lot of blank space:)

Now, I'm happy to say that my website features only weddings that I've planned, and unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of actually working on a wedding with Curtis yet, so none of the photos on there now are from him.  Someday, right Curtis?  But I remain incredibly grateful to him for helping me start and promote my business with fantastic pictures.

Check out Moore Photography's new website, and seriously, book him to photograph your wedding:)

No comments: