Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2010 in Review



The event season ended for me at the end of September, and now that we're starting consultations for next season I've been reflecting a bit on the past year.  With a Flourish launched in 2008.  Since events are usually being planned quite a few months out, 2009 was our first real "season," and in 2010 we really hit our stride.  2010's clients were amazing and we were very lucky to work with such friendly and creative people.

Here's a few of my highlights:

Working with some of Winnipeg's best wedding vendors.

I received my first bride that called from a referral from a photographer.  She booked on the spot.

2010 kicked off with a home wedding for Laurie and Hannes.  Laurie was from Winnipeg and Hannes from Austria, and their wedding was a fusion of cultures and ideas.

Adrienne and I got to make bouquets, boutonnieres and centrepieces for our sister-in-law, Nicole's wedding.


We also made centrepieces and a bridal bouquet for Preet & Khalad's wedding.

Preet & Khalad's wedding was our first ethnic (East-Indian) wedding ever,

And it was also our first full styling service.  It was fantastic.

Apples were in, and so was purple.  They merged in Paige & Kevin's lovely July wedding.

Our little green company was featured on the first page of the Source section in Weddingbells magazine.

We planned a fashion show for the Green Party of Manitoba.

Then in September helped with the Jewish Federation's EcoShift event (and very briefly met David Suzuki).

We helped to plan a media dinner to promote the Winnipeg Green Show, which we exhibited in.

We met politicians, green business leaders, and local celebrities.

One of last years couples called on their one-year anniversary from BDI to thank me. I'm so happy to be part of celebrating the love and lifelong commitment of fantastic people.

I said to myself many, many times "I am so lucky."  I also said to myself "Seriously, people want to pay me to play with fabric and flowers??!"

Again, I am so lucky.

Thanks to every single 2010 client and vendor.  It was a great year and I can't wait to see what 2011 brings our way!

No comments: